Passports and Visas

The following information is valid for both exchange and independent students.

Citizens arriving from the EU countries and from Canada, Croatia, Iceland, Japan, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, and USA, are exempted from visa requirements. As a student coming from one of these countries, you can enter the Romanian territory only with a simple customs stamp and you can reside here for up to 90 days. After this period, your residence is to be extended by the Romanian Ministry of Internal Affairs, for periods which shall not exceed one year.

Citizens arriving from all the other countries are obliged to apply for study visas in due time, at a Romanian diplomatic mission or consular office from their native countries. In order to get the necessary papers for visa extentions, you should contact our International Relations Office, after your arriving here.

Information on customs regulations








Last updated at: April 08, 2011.