Dr. Dumitru I. Stamate
University of Bucharest
Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science
Str. Academiei Nr. 14,
Sector 1, Bucharest 010014, Romania
phone : + 40-21-3143508
fax: + 40-21-3156990
e-mail: dumitru.stamate @ fmi.unibuc.ro
I am an asistent universitar in the Department of Mathematics at the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science of the
University of Bucharest.
I did my undergraduate studies (B.Sc. 2002) in Maths at the University of Iasi, Romania.
Later on I got a Masters degree from Iasi, and another one from SNSB-Bucharest (2004).
I got my Ph.D. in Maths in 2009 from the University of Bucharest, under the supervision of
Prof. Dorin Popescu.
During the preparation of the thesis, in 2006-2008, I benefitted from a Fulbright Fellowship
at the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, where I worked with Prof. Vic Reiner.
Before joining the University of Bucharest in Oct 2009, I worked as an assistant researcher at IMAR,
the "Simion Stoilow" Institute of Mathematics of the Romanian Academy.
Here's a more detailed CV [pdf].
My teaching schedule is available online
If you would like to set up an appointment with me, the best way is to write me an email at dumitru.stamate W@W fmi.unibuc.ro. (after you remove the W's)
MSc and BSc theses coordinated: here
Publications and research
My research is in commutative algebra
with an interest in problems related to free resolutions, computational algebra and combinatorics.
- The trace of the canonical module (with Juergen Herzog and Takayuki Hibi), preprint 2016,
arXiv:1612.02723 [math.AC], 38 pages.
- Betti numbers for numerical semigroup rings, to appear in Multigraded Algebra and
Applications (V. Ene, E. Miller, Eds.), Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics.
Preprint arXiv:1801.00153 [math.AC].
- Anticanonical modules for Segre products (with Viviana Ene and Juergen Herzog),
Bull. Math. Soc. Sci. Math. Roumanie, special issue honoring Prof. Dorin Popescu,
Tome 60 (108) No. 4, 2017, 373-386.
Preprint arXiv:1707.00305 [math.AC].
- Quadratic numerical semigroups and the Koszul property (with Juergen Herzog),
Kyoto Journal of Mathematics, Volume 57, Number 3 (2017), 585-612.
Preprint arXiv:1510.00935 [math.AC].
- On intersections of complete intersection ideals (with Mircea Cimpoeas),
Journal of Pure and Applied Algebra vol 220, no. 11 (2016), 3702-3712.
- Asymptotic properties in the shifted family of a numerical semigroup with few generators,
Semigroup Forum, Volume 93, Issue 2 (2016) pp 225-246. DOI 10.1007/s00233-015-9724-2.
- On the Cohen-Macaulay property for quadratic tangent cones,
The Electronic Journal of Combinatorics, Volume 23, Issue 3 (2016),
Paper #P3.20. 22 pages.
Preprint arXiv:1512.04893 [math.AC].
- On the defining equations of the tangent cone of a numerical semigroup ring (with Juergen Herzog), Journal of Algebra vol 418 (2014), 8-28.
Preprint arXiv:1308.4644 [math.AC].
- Koszul incidence algebras, affine semigroups, and Stanley-Reisner ideals (with Victor Reiner),
Advances in Mathematics 224 (2010), 2312-2345. DOI:10.1016/j.aim.2010.02.005.
Preprint arXiv:0904.1683 [math.AC].
- Computational algebra and combinatorics in commutative algebra, Ph.D. thesis, 2009, University of Bucharest, Romania. (Available upon request)
- Chordal graphs, Alexander duality and Cohen-Macaulayness, M.Sc. dissertation, Scoala Normala Superioara Bucuresti, Romania.
- Cohen-Macaulay rings and modules (in Romanian), M.Sc. dissertation, University "Al. I. Cuza" of Iasi, Romania.
- (with David Eisenbud, Daniel Erman, Gregory G. Smith)
a Macaulay2 package for constructing free complexes via multilinear algebra.
- (with Djordje Baralic, Marianne Merz, Paolo Sentinelli), A Gamma-equivariant setting for matroids,
Discrete Morse Theory and Commutative Algebra,
Institut Mittag Leffler, Sweden, July 2012, 5pp.
- (with Brett Barwick, Jennifer Biermann, David Cook II, W. Frank Moore, Claudiu Raicu) Boij-Soderberg Theory in the nonstandard graded case,
at MRC Snowbird, June 2010, 5 pp.
Commutative Algebra Seminar
I attend the weekly Commutative Algebra Seminar which is run jointly by IMAR and FMI.
It meets usually during the academic year on Tuesdays, 12-14, room 120, at the University building. Feel free to stop by!
The archive of the talks is found here.
An important event that our group organizes yearly is the National School on Algebra.
The 25th edition took place 4-8 September 2017, in Bucharest, with the title
The regularity of the invariant National School on Algebra, a generic edition.
The 2016 meeting was organized under the patronship of the European Mathematical Society
and with support from the Foundation Compositio Mathematica :
EMS Summer School on Multigraded Algebra and Applications
in Moieciu de Sus, Romania, 17-24 August 2016. Here are the slides for some of the talks in Moieciu.